Access to Website
In order to use the website, you must obtain access to the World Wide Web and provide all equipment necessary to make such connection to the Web, including a computer, modem or other access device. While Elder Care Sources, LLC will provide support for general use of the Site, it cannot provide support for any technical difficulties relating to connecting to or using the Site.
Description of Site/Minimum Age Requirement
This Site is intended to provide information to help users make informed long-term elder care decisions. Eldercarehelper.com is not intended for users under the age of 13, and Elder Care Sources, LLC does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from users under the age of 13. Such users are expressly prohibited from submitting their personally identifiable information to us and from using portions of the Site for which registration is required.
Use of Personal Information and Privacy
Elder Care Sources, LLC tracks and uses website traffic data (e.g., number of visitors, user paths, pages per visit) and related user information (e.g., discussion forum questions and threads) to better understand its customers, to provide better information and to assist with Site administration, such as with troubleshooting, detecting fraud, resolving disputes and for any purposes deemed necessary or required by Elder Care Sources, LLC to enforce terms or conditions applicable to any portion of the Site.
Elder Care Sources, LLC does not sell information users actively (e.g., discussion forums, e-mails) or passively (e.g., website traffic data) share on this Site, or with staff via phone, e-mail or mail, that identifies you personally to third parties. It is not responsible for personal information shared on discussion forums or other public forums.
Discussion Forum Rules & Etiquette
As part of the website, you have the ability to join a discussion forum that allows you to network with others. As with any community, there are guidelines governing behavior on these forums. By joining and using Elder Care Sources, LLC’s discussion forum, you agree to adhere to the following rules and etiquette:
- Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions are meant to stimulate conversation, not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post commercial messages (considered spamming). Contact people directly with products and services that you believe would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the forum is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a forum that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive or illegal materials.
- Do not post information or other material protected by copyright without the permission (written recommended) of the copyright owner. By posting material, you warrant and represent that you own the copyright with respect to such material or have received permission from the copyright owner.
- By posting information on a forum, you grant Elder Care Sources, LLC and users of these discussion forums the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location and e-mail address.
- State concisely and clearly the specific topic of the comments in the subject line. This allows users to respond more appropriately to your posting.
- Include only relevant portions of the original message in your reply, delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Send messages, such as “thanks for the information” or “me, too” to individuals, not to the entire list.
- Do not send administrative messages through the forum. If you wish to contact the administrator, visit our Contact Us page for the appropriate contact.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says “Long Message.”
While Elder Care Sources, LLC reviews material on the discussion forum, and often participates and/or moderates discussions, it does not actively monitor for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. In the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to Elder Care Sources, LLC’s attention, or identified by Elder Care Sources, LLC, it will take all appropriate action.
You warrant that you have full permission from all applicable rights holders for any content you post to the Site. You are fully responsible for the use and distribution of any content you post to the Site, including any claim(s) that you did not have the requisite right(s) to use and distribute the applicable content.
The website may contain links to other Internet sites or resources (“third-party sites”). Such links may have been provided by Elder Care Sources, LLC or by third parties. Since these third-party sites are not under the control of Elder Care Sources, LLC, you acknowledge and agree that Elder Care Sources, LLC shall not be responsible for the availability of the third-party sites, nor is it responsible or liable for any content, advertising, products or other materials located on or through any third-party site. Links provided to third-party sites do not represent endorsements of any information, products or services on such sites, and no information on such sites has been approved or endorsed by Elder Care Sources, LLC. Under no circumstances shall Elder Care Sources, LLC be held responsible or liable for any loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by use of or reliance on any content, goods or services available on such third-party sites. Any concerns that you may have regarding any third-party site should be directed to the website administrator.
Eldercarehelper.com receives content from various content partners. Elder Care Sources, LLC does not provide any promises or guarantees concerning the quality of such content. Also, any information or material placed online by users, including advice and opinions, represents the views of those users and does not necessarily represent the views of Elder Care Sources, LLC. The Site may include advertisements and links to third party websites. Elder Care Sources, LLC does not endorse those third parties and is not responsible for the content, products or services provided by any third party.
Intellectual Property Matters
The Site contains copyrighted material, trademarks and other proprietary information, all of which is individually and collectively protected by copyrights laws and other intellectual property laws in the United States. Except as part of the intended use of Elder Care Sources, LLC, you must not copy, distribute, make available, publicly perform, display or create any work based on such content, or exploit such content in any way, in whole or in part. Except for content provided by users, all of the content contained in the Site is owned by Elder Care Sources, LLC. All rights are hereby reserved.
The website is provided as a service of the Elder Care Sources, LLC. Elder Care Sources, LLC accepts no responsibility for the opinions and information posted on this Site by others. Elder Care Sources, LLC disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this Site, whether posted by Elder Care Sources, LLC or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties. In no event shall Elder Care Sources, LLC be liable for any special, indirect or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this Site.
Please report any violations of the Terms of Service to the website administrator or Elder Care Sources, LLC via 847-475-3200 or firstname.lastname@example.org.